Proplast is the industrial partner to lean on R & D needs.
Proplast makes available its technical and methodological expertises as a partner both in applied industrial research and in research funded by calls from public bodies (European, national, regional) where, thanks to networking with companies, universities and european and world research organizations is able to identify the most appropriate forms of collaboration that meet customer needs.
Some of the topics addressed:
- Development / selection of high-performance polymer compositions: high-performance electrical and thermal plastics, fiber-reinforced composites and nanocomposites, food-specific packaging formulations, replacement of traditional gums with thermoplastic elastomers.
- Ecosostenibility: biopolymer (biodegradable and bio-based), recycling and exploitation of post-consumer waste, approach to the plastic circular economy
- Development of specific products for the pharmaceutical and biomedical sectors
- Innovative packaging solutions (food and non-food)
- Exploratory and feasibility studies on the use of new polymers and additives
Below are some of the Proplast projects in collaboration with other entities and / or companies:
o European Funds:
- "Plasticircle" - Improvement of the plastic packaging waste chain from a circular economy approach - H2020 Programme
- "Phosistos" - Development of biophotonic device based on flexible light emitting textile dedicated ot the monitoring treatment for deramtologic deseases and carcinoma - FP7 Programme
- "Casper" - Development of eco-sustainable materials for the food packaging industry
o Bando Regione Piemonte - Innovative platforms
- "GreenFactory4Compo" - Green Factory for Composites
- "Drapò" - Systems and Components for the Recovery of Energy and Energy Efficiency of Motor Vehicles
- "Ecofood" - Research and innovation to improve the sustainability of the agri-food chain
- "Smart 3D" - Production Chain Smart 3D Polymeric Devices
o Ministerial projects:
- "Diateme" - Devices with high technological content for the medical sector
- "Biopack" - Development of eco-sustainable food packaging solutions